I'm just a few chapters in on this book called life! and so far its been a roller coaster, but i got the big man upstairs on my side. NOTHING WILL BRING ME DOWN!

Friday, June 6, 2014

Food Friendly Friday: Crock pot Meat balls!

Hi everyone! I'm trying to theme my blogs, each week will be different but I'm new to this whole blogging world/community so things will change every now and then. Today I have a wonderful crock pot meatball recipe I whipped up in my kitchen! I prepared it on Thursday night and my whole family and I ate it on Friday night, so if you are a working gal or guy then this is totally for you!

Ingredients:
2.25LB of 85% Ground red meat or Ground Turkey
1 chopped yellow onion
7 cloves of garlic
4 celery stalks
2 egg whites
1 can of organic sauce
2 tomatoes diced  
Garlic powder
Onion powder
(and any other spices that you might like)

Directions:

1. Grab a knife and get ready to do some chopping! I suggest doing the celery and garlic first because lets face it everyone cries while chopping up an onion(its the worst) Make sure that they are all chopped small, it just helps it some how!

2. Now take your meat and break it up into little pieces, I do this because its easier to mix once you add the rest of your ingredients. Don't be afraid to get "down and dirty" with the meat, just make sure you hands are clean first!

3. Drop all your onions, garlic, celery and egg whites in and start stirring/mashing! When that's all complete add your spices in, I LOVE garlic so that's why i added an extra clove and some powder shhhhhhhh.....Once everything is mixed together start forming them balls, by grabbing a hand full of meat and then forming a ball! If your preparing day before I would use a big enough container so that they don't need to be on top of each other.

NEXT DAY! or same day, It really doesn't matter!

4. Break out the crock pot and put a thin layer of sauce at the bottom. Take you meatballs out of the fridge and place into crock pot slowly, also put sauce over each ball! Once they are all in add your tomatoes and 1 1/2 cup of water, stir it in SLOWLY!!!! You don't want them to break so as long as you go slowly they wont!

5. Put you crock pot on LOW, and they should be ready to eat in 8 hours! The best day to make these,  when you know your not going to be home! Then you can come home and have a hot meal waiting for you!

6. Take them out, drain them a little, top it with some sauce  and maybe some cheese and you got yourself a great meal! Plus it's healthy, as long as you don't over load with cheese, pasta or bread!

I woke up 5:15am to put these little suckers in, and when i came home from a very long day I had dinner waiting for me. I had mine plain because I currently don't eat bread or pasta, because well there's a whole story behind that, and i will tell that a different day. My Family on the other hand had it with BIG hot dog roll, and made it into a meatball hoagie sandwich! However you decide to make it, it turns out AMAZING! This was the perfect meal for me because I only have red meat once a week and it was just the right amount! Well I'm going to eat my grapes and watch some Netflix, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!                          

UNTIL NEXT TIME MY FRIENDS!

DISCLAIMER- I am no writer, I'm just trying to have a little fun!

YOUTUBE- MYLIFEASKELL
INSTAGRAM- KELLY94X
PINTEREST- KELLY94X

No comments:

Post a Comment