I'm just a few chapters in on this book called life! and so far its been a roller coaster, but i got the big man upstairs on my side. NOTHING WILL BRING ME DOWN!

Monday, June 16, 2014

2 MONTHS HEALTHY!

Wow I really get to say it, "I'M TWO MONTHS HEALTHY" wow that felt good! I am literary shocked I made it this far, but in the same way I'm not. I was Determined, Positive, and not willing to give up. This has definitely been a roller coaster,This isn't just a "summer diet" This is a  Lifestyle change! But now I will just give you my 2 month update!

Two months ago on Easter Sunday, I decided I was going to change my life forever, and for real this time, so I ate a huge slice of my Aunt's strawberry shortcake, got a Micky D's Sweet tea(So good) and that next day which was Monday began day one of this LONG journey, I wanted to embark on. Week 9 begins today June 16th and man its been hard, here's a mini timeline of how I ate.

week 1- Transition period(cutting down on bread, bad chocolate)
week 2- NO SNACK(strict meals)
week 3 -NO SNACK(strict meals)
week 4- NO SNACK(strict meals)
week 5- NO SNACK(strict meals) Red meat once during the week!
week 6- NO SNACK(strict meals) Red meat once during the week!
week 7- Bring in one snack, LOTS OF FRUIT
week 8- Bringing more grains into diet at least 3 meals a week
week 9- Dark chocolate as a snack 3 times a week (85% cocoa or higher)

Now after reading that I bet you all think I have deprived myself for the last 2 months, well the truth is I haven't! I LOVE the food I'm eating and yes sometimes I do want that brownie, but then I think about it for a minute and realize my mind hasn't been this free in a long time, so ill keep giving up those sweets for a clear mind, plus I eat TONS of sweet fruit so I consider that my "candy". Honey dew and watermelon are my current fruit obsessions, but I also eat pineapple because its a great source of vitamin c, and also really good for your skin! Oh and grapes are amazing, but always so expensive. As you can tell I love fruit, I consider it my fast food, because whenever I eat out its either fruit or fruit. I've only eaten out like twice in the last two months and I got a small salad, that impressive for me because I use to love eating out!

"IF YOU REALLY WANT IT, YOU WILL FIGHT FOR IT"

I gave up bread, ahhhh I did what. Yes you did hear me correctly I gave it up, but to make up for not eating bread, I have to find other healthy grains to eat like Brown rice, Oatmeal, and I really wanna try Quinoa! I legit have to force myself to eat all this, but its okay its what the body needs. If you were to ask me TODAY if I missed eating bread? Well my answer would have to be no because since giving it up, I haven't gotten a really bad migraines or headaches(Knock on wood) I mean I get little headaches but that's usually caused by stress or my blood pressure going up to high! In the end ill give up ANYTHING to not get migraines like I use to, and people might think I'm crazy but those are usually the people that don't believe me that I even get migraines. The migraines i use to get I couldn't move, eat, talk, I was practically paralyzed and everything I took didn't work, but hey that's another story for a different time! But I can say this, I sometime miss Panera's bread,OMG YES I WILL ALWAYS LOVE THEIR BREAD!

I think the hardest thing with changing my life is dropping old habits, so normally I have to eat small meals/snack throughout the whole day when I'm not busy, because then I get bored and end up wanting to eat the whole house, I don't but I wish I could sometimes. When I hang out with friends usually I keep a snack bag of almonds in my purse, so if I start to get hungry I pop a few into my mouth and that usually will hold me off until I get home to eat what ever meal I'm suppose to eat at that time. Through this whole journey I probably only cheated during the first week, then I aloud myself to snack at week 7&8! Wow I just re-read that and it kinda sounds like this had been easy for me, it really hasn't, I had to fight cravings, I had to learn to tell people NO, and explain to people that this is NOT a diet this is a LIFE change! I never want to feel the way I felt before.

Also when I hit one month I ended up pulling a back muscle, and it lasted about 3 weeks. That must have been the longest 3 weeks of my life, NO GYM, only eating healthy! That's when I was really put to the test, because last year when my knee injure came back, I went off the deep end and didn't care what I ate. This time with my back I was a good girl and ate all the right food, stretched, and got a massage(which helped out alot!) Now I'm on my last few days before I get back to the gym!

10 tips for people wanting to get healthy! 
1. Write down EVERYTHING you eat(even if you cheat)
2. Drink LOTS of water(I drink lemon water)
3. Learn to love tea
4. Eat small meals throughout the day
5. Don't fry food
6. coconut butter(better than that fake stuff)
7. FRUITS AND VEGGIES
8. Start walking( Having a walking buddy is the best)
9. Less sugar
10. PROTEIN!

In my opinion I feel you have to want to be healthy to eat healthy! but hey I wrote this because maybe it will help one of you out there wanting to change your lifestyle! This was a big commitment I had to make, but I'm so happy I did! I will probably do another health update at 3 or 5 months! I hope you all enjoyed reading. Until next time!!!!




Oh and ill post an update picture at 6 months(4 months away):)

No comments:

Post a Comment